Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week 6

    Finally I've made a PP presentation. I have wanted to know how to make it for so long and is seemed to me so difficult! I admit it took me hours to get statements and download pictures relevant to young learners, but: you can imagine my satisfaction! I didn't make it for just WIKI assignment, I'm going to use it with my fourth-fifth grade students, I can't wait to do it and see how the learners will react. Another encouraging thing is that while working we learn on our mistakes and when we repeat the same thing with other class, we  change to better-that's how we gain experience.
   The articles on making PP presentation provides a lot of useful tips. Especially techniques to promote interactivity. Some items from it are familiar to us and we use them for interactivity, i.e.using a picture at the beginning of the class, eliciting to promote interaction, concept questions, but there were some new items in the articles: Blank slide technique, Interpreted lecture, Quick write. Making a PP presentation according to these techniques will make it worth.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first PowerPoint presentation! I'm sure your students will be impressed. Your willingness to try new things will encourage your students to their hand at new thing too.

    I am not a huge fan of PP presentations and therefore I have only made a few of them before now. Maybe it's because I had the impression that PP was mainly for lecturing. But I agree with you that the techniques we learned this week to make the presentations more interactive will certainly make that form of teaching more appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marine
    Robert has asked us to find a pair to work with and I was wondering If you would like to be mine. I believe that we are in more or less similar teaching contexts so we can understand each other. Please let me know if you agree so we can register our names. I'm Angeliki (Angela) on Robert’s list.
    See you soon
    Angela

    ReplyDelete