Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week 3 impressions

 Week 3 went smoother than week 2. Now I knew what it was going to be like.Robert's learning objectives for this week were a reminder of the ABCD objective formula and made me smile. We had quite a lot of work. Creating Delicious site was a problem, in spite of reading the instructions I found it difficult. Knowledge of the language is not enough , you also need to be technically   experienced and just instruction doesn't help. I asked for help but I didn't get any. Then I had to apply to someone else for assistance and I'm glad I did, now I can use it . CALL reading was full of new ideas about using computer in learning-teaching English. I just read two of the articles, hopefully I'll read the third someday, too. I like techniques and support the usage of it in teaching, but I would never say that a machine can always be a better teacher. In the articles I found many good phrases, expressions and sentences which are worth memorizing.The words segmental,  supra segmental and prosody have never been words of interest to me. Now I look at it with different eyes. As for the web sites, frankly speaking, it's impossible to have a thorough inspection for the huge amount for such a short time, just a cursory look, but at least I know where to go when needed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marine

    Umesha was trying to pos to your blog, but couldn't. So I'm testing to see.

    I think you are doing great sticking with the new technology. There is always a learning curve, but the more you do it, the shorter that curve gets. Please email me if you ever get stuck.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robert!!! Let's see if it's working now.

    Hi Marine!!

    Yes I agree with you completely on technology and its impact. As you rightly said, language competence is not enough to move forward with these changing times. I too have faced a lot of hard times working with technology. I'm sorry I didn't see your post on asking help, not that I could be of any massive help but had I seen it, I would at least have tried to help you.

    And yes, machines can never be better teachers but they sure can help us become brilliant teachers, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete